StimULI Breakfast: Millennials and Micro-units- SOLD OUT
These “micro-units,” some as small as 300 or 400 square feet, pose a special set of challenges for cities, architects and developers. How do you compress the key elements of a desirable multi-family environment, with attractive enough amenities (including up-to-date technology) to draw in today’s young professionals, into such a limited space and keep it affordable? How are local planning department adapting to these new housing ideas? Join ULI Los Angeles for a discussion among architects, developers and planners on how the micro-unit phenomena interacts with lifestyle changes and demographic developments.
- Patrick Winters, Partner, Nadel Architects
- Jim Andersen, Senior Vice President, Trammel Crow
- Wade Killifer, Partner, KFA Architects
- David Martin, Director, Planning & Community Development, City of Santa Monica
- Private $45 (Non-member $60)
- Gov/Nonprofit $35 (Non-member $50)
- Young Leader (under 35) $35 (Non-member $50)
- Student $25 (Non-member $35)
Please note that registration prices increase $10 after October 16. To register, click “Register Now” below or download a registration form. Continental breakfast will be provided.
Please note parking is not included; we suggest parking at the Century City Shopping Center. It is $1.00 per hour for the first 3 hours and then $1.00 every 15 minutes for hours 3 to 5.