StimULI Breakfast: Branded vs. Boutique
Boutique vs Branded: Who will win the battle for Emerging Hotel Developments in Los Angeles?
The most recent recession is a distant memory with hotel projects popping up at a fast clip not only in Downtown L.A, but also in areas such as Hollywood, Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey and the South Bay. Once a cottage industry, boutique hotels are hot and selling at record prices per key. What makes them so attractive? Why are larger brands pushing to enter this space and can they be successful?
Find out how boutique and brand hotels are responding to the latest trends in hospitality and delivering on consumer’s demand for experiential hotels. How will technology play into these projects? Why will a particular hotel work in one market and fail in another? And what are the pitfalls developers, brands and investors need to be aware? Will Airbnb threaten the entire industry or just a particular segment? Come see who will dominate market share. Is it the cool, trendy and unique boutiques or is brand loyalty and economies of scale forces too big to overcome?
- Guy Maisnik, Partner & Vice Chairman, JMBM Global Hospitality Group, Moderator
- Dupree Scovell, Managing Director, Woodbine Development Corporation
- Jeff Lugosi, Senior Vice President, PKF Consulting
- Bashar Wali, President, Provenance Hotels
- Chris Port, Vice President, Acquisitions and Development, Kimpton
- Private $45 (Non-member $60)
- Gov/Nonprofit $35 (Non-member $50)
- Young Leader (under 35) $35 (Non-member $50)
- Student $25 (Non-member $35)
Continental breakfast will be provided. Please note that registration prices increase $10 after January 15.
Register now below, or download a registration form.
Please note parking is not included; we suggest parking at the Century City Shopping Center. It is $1.00 per hour for the first 3 hours and then $1.00 every 15 minutes for hours 3 to 5.