Shaping Cultural Space: Real Estate and the Movies
LA is a powerhouse of cultural production. Our industries imagine, invent, and influence the way people experience their lives across the globe. Through our engines of innovation in entertainment, technology, aerospace, medicine, politics, hospitality, and real estate, we remake the world every day.
To explore these industries and how they’re reshaping our city, the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) has launched a speaker series called Shaping Spaces. We will hear from industry leaders who are bringing incredible perspectives, making powerful contributions, and leading with transformative innovations that are shaping the world for a diverse public.
Join us for our inaugural event, Shaping Cultural Space: Real Estate and the Movies, where our panelists, Kristin Cavanaugh, Sonnet Hui, Bhavna Mistry, Markley Lumpkins, and Bill Humphrey will explore the changing landscape of the Film and Entertainment industry in Los Angeles and how this fits in with broader and evolving land use in our cities.
The panel discussion is preceded with a tour of Sunset Gower Studios that starts promptly at 5:45.
This event is generously sponsored by Hudson Pacific Properties.
- Kristin Cavanaugh, Vice President, Studio & Production Affairs, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Sonnet Hui, Vice President of Design and Construction, NBC Universal
- Bill Humphrey, Senior Vice President, Sunset Studios, Hudson Pacific Properties
- Markley Lumpkins, Senior Vice President of Real Estate and Facility Operations, Fox Group
- Bhavna Mistry, Portfolio Creative Executive, Global Resort Design, Walt Disney Imagineering
- Marty Borko, Executive Director, Urban Land Institute, Moderator
- Private $45 (Non-member $60)
- Gov/Nonprofit $35 (Non-member $50)
- Young Leader (under 35) $35 (Non-member $50)
- Student $25 (Non-member $35)
Hors d’oeuvres and cocktails to be provided.
To register, click “register now” below. Please note that registration prices will increase $10 after August 31. Refunds will no longer be processed after August 31.
Directions and Parking:
From the 101 Freeway (North or South): Exit Gower Street and head South on Gower to Sunset Boulevard. Make a left (head East) on Sunset Boulevard. The first staffed gate entry on the right is the Main Gate.
From the 10 Freeway (East or West): Exit La Brea and head North toward Sunset Boulevard. Make a right (head East) on Sunset Boulevard. The first staffed gate entry on the right is the Main Gate.
Parking at the venue will be complimentary. For additional parking options, visit the Best Parking website.