StimULI Breakfast: Urban Economic Development – Effectively Using What’s Left in the Toolbox
Case Study of “azalea” Regional Shopping Center, South Gate, CA
Since the dissolution of Redevelopment Agencies in 2012, the ability to finance urban infill projects has been in question. However, examples are starting to emerge of urban redevelopment taking place even without the traditional tools, such as tax increment. This session will focus on one recent success, the azalea Regional Shopping Center located in the City of South Gate. This panel will offer a case study and hear the perspective of the developer and its legal counsel, as well as the City Manager and his financial consultant. This presentation will be a “deep dive” into this successful post-RDA project.
- Seth Merewitz, Partner, Best Best & Krieger, LLP (Moderator)
- Vanessa Delgado, Director of Development, Primestor Development, Inc.
- Michael Flad, City Manager, City of South Gate
- Michael J. Kiely, Partner, Liner LLP
- Larry Kosmont, President and CEO, Kosmont Companies
- Private $45 (Non-member $60)
- Gov/Nonprofit $35 (Non-member $50)
- Under 35 $35 (Non-member $50)
- Student $25 (Non-member $35)
Please note that registration prices increase $10 after April 13th. To register, click “Register Now” below or here to download a registration form. Continental breakfast will be provided.
Parking: Pleae note parking is not included; we suggest parking at the Century City Shopping Center. It is $1.00 per hour for the first 3 hours and then $1.00 every 15 minutes for hours 3 to 5.