SOLD OUT – stimULI Breakfast: Middle Market Money – Financing Middle Market Deals
With the economic downturn now in the rear view mirror, commercial real estate across all segments is seeing increased deal flow. However, much of this activity has been focused on institutional quality “Main and Main” assets that today are priced to perfection. Seemingly left out of the current recovery are the “middle market” real estate deals that despite cap rate premiums are finding it still difficult to secure capital from traditional sources for recapitalizations, new acquisitions and growth.
The September StimULI breakfast program delves into the issue facing most real estate professionals in Los Angeles: Financing the Small, Non-Institutional Deal. Our panel of experts will offer valuable insights from both the owner/operator and investor perspectives and answer such questions as:
- What type of capital (debt and equity) is available for middle market deals?
- What terms are available for qualified sponsors?
- Which deals are easiest / hardest to source and close in the middle market? Why?
- To what extent have the middle market real estate fundamentals recovered?
- What are the biggest risks (both real and perceived) in middle market investing?
- Greg Fink, Director, Moss Adams Capital (Moderator)
- Michael Chesser, President, Apartment Income Investors
- Jeffrey A. Hudson, Principal, George Elkins Mortgage Banking
- Mark Tronstein, Vice President, Andell, Inc.
- Vicky L. Schiff, Managing Partner, Oro Capital Advisors
- Private $45 (Non-member $60)
- Gov/Nonprofit $35 (Non-member $45)
- Young Leader (under 35) $35 (Non-member $45)
- Student $25 (Non-member $35)
Please note that on site registrations increase $5. Continental breakfast will be provided. Parking is not included in registration. We suggest parking at the Century City Shopping Center. Please note rates have changed. It is $1.00 per hour for the first 3 hours and then $1.00 every 15 minutes for hours 3 to 5.