stimULI Breakfast: Add Art… Add Value – Public Art in the Built Environment
Since most communities now require some portion of set aside for public art, this panel will explore creative ways to enhance the community and add value to development projects while satisfying our city partners. Experts will discuss projects and programs that have pushed the envelope and increased community support. Our panel includes a developer and Economic Development Official with deep experience in marrying art with the built environment; a celebrated curator of art for multiple public and private entities including LA World Airport, UCLA and Cedars Sinai; and an artist who often uses landscape as his canvas and integrates sculpture with public infrastructure.
- Jill Bensley, President, JB Research Company (Moderator)
- Cliff Garten, Principal, Cliff Garten Studio
- Merry Norris, Owner and Principal, Merry Norris Contemporary Art
- Dan Rosenfeld, Former Sr. Deputy for Economic Development, Office of Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas
- Private $45 (Non-member $70)
- Gov/Nonprofit $35 (Non-member $55)
- Young Leader (under 35) $35 (Non-member $55)
- Student $25 (Non-member $40)
Please note that prices increase for onsite registrations. Continental breakfast will be provided. Parking is not included in registration. We suggest parking at the Century City Shopping Center. Please note rates have changed. It is $1.00 per hour for the first 3 hours and then $1.00 every 15 minutes for hours 3 to 5.