About The Role
The Associate is part of a close-knit, collaborative, and hardworking staff working closely with leaders in real estate development, architecture, planning, government, engineering, general contracting, law, and finance. The position offers the opportunity to be creative, innovate, and contribute to the content development of up to 60 programs per year!
The Associate works closely with the Executive Director, Senior Director, and Manager to maintain administrative, financial and office operations for the District Council. This position helps deliver successful ULI programs for education, leadership, mentoring, and advisory services.
This important role will be responsible for event planning, basic accounting for payable and receivable processing, co-managing of volunteer-led programs, general communications and writing, and a high volume of general/digital communications.
- Data entry for event management and communications.
- Data entry for accounts payable/receivable.
- Event management.
- Sponsor invoicing.
- Social media management along with content creation and design.
- Administrative support to Manager, Senior Director, and Executive Director.
- Newsletter management – content and design.
ULI Los Angeles is seeking a candidate with a strong work ethic, attention to detail, excellent writing and communications skills. The ideal candidate will be a professional “people person” who is a multi-tasker with a passion and educational background aligned to support our ULI-LA’s members and annual programs! The Associate requires a rapid learning curve, is fast-paced with concurrent projects, and requires attendance at Committee meetings, events, and programs throughout the year.
- BA/BS and/or relevant 1-3 years of work experience.
- Interest/experience in real estate, land use, placemaking, sustainability, and other core ULI topics, and related nonprofit experience,
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Professionalism to work with senior business and public-sector
- Ability to initiate and prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks concurrently and completely with responsible follow-through and minimal
- Ability to provide courteous customer service and professional relationships with coworkers in a fast-paced
- Self-motivated, demonstrating meticulous attention to both details and
- Proven project and office management skills, including creative problem-solving.
- Aptitude for financial management and budgeting
- Outstanding attention to
- Demonstrated meeting and event coordination experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency/skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint); familiarity/competency with Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Experience in supporting the logistics of virtual/ Zoom meetings and events
- NetForum and Real Magnet communications software experience is a plus or ability to learn new systems and web-based tools such as content management systems and internet-based tools for updating and publishing content to a dynamic
- Ability to travel to events throughout the region. Attendance at early morning and evening events is Use of personal vehicles required for local travel.
ULI has a robust benefits package that includes health, dental, and life insurance, vacation, and a retirement plan. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Expand HR Consulting (EHR) has been retained to conduct the search. To apply, please submit your letter of interest and resume to EHR, Erica Raphael, Sr. Consultant, email@example.com.
ULI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law.
About the Organization
ULI is a global research and education nonprofit organization whose mission is to shape the future of the built environment for transformative impact in communities worldwide. It is the oldest and largest network of cross-disciplinary real estate and land experts in the world, with over 45,000 members. For more information on ULI, please visit https://uli.org.
About ULI Los Angeles
ULI Americas implements its mission through 42 local district councils across the United States. ULI Los Angeles’ Leadership consists of the leading professionals of local real estate industry. Our members voluntarily offer their time and industry expertise to lead ULI Los Angeles, to further the mission of ULI in our region. There are nearly 1900 members. ULI Los Angeles presents 45+ panels, tours, and workshop programs annually. For more information on ULI Los Angeles, please visit, https://la.uli.org.