Urban Land Institute Los Angeles
Administrative Internship 2018
The Urban Land Institute, Los Angeles District Council has paid internship opportunities for outstanding candidates in real estate, public policy or land use planning.
Established in 1936, ULI is a nonprofit education and research institute with over 30,000 members across the globe-1,600 here in the Greater Los Angeles area. As a nonpartisan organization, the Institute has long been recognized as one of America’s most respected and widely quoted sources of objective information on urban planning, growth, and development.
The membership of ULI Los Angeles represents the entire spectrum of land use and real estate development disciplines.
ULI Los Angeles is looking for a dynamic and detail oriented person to assist in event planning and office administrative work to support our district council activities. ULI Los Angeles Interns will be an active member of the ULI Los Angeles team, supporting our members to organize vibrant events such as StimULI Breakfasts, Case Study & Site Tours, Young Leaders Group and our signature events such as ToLA. For additional information on ULI Los Angeles, please visit www.la.uli.org.
Overview of Internship:
Interns participate in a range of activities including:
- Supporting ULI staff with administrative tasks such as accounting, vendor reimbursements and payments
- Assist and support ULI staff and members with logistical coordination for events and meetings
- Support a team with organizing events, conferences and meetings
- Design and assemble various materials for meetings, events and workshops
- Access records from ULI database to generate reports and information for our members
- Perform various administrative duties and special projects as required as part of the District Council team
- Assist with drafting communications and responding to employee requests.
- Background in urban planning, design, real estate/public policy or liberal arts major and have an interest in city building and urban planning.
- Ability to multi task while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point)
- Excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills, curiosity to learn and eager to be engaged with the larger land use community in Los Angeles
Interns are expected to work for 6 months for 12-15 hours per week. Interns are paid hourly, $15.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com with the subject line: ULI Los Angeles: Internship.
The Urban Land Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women, people of minorities or disability to apply.