ULI LA is delighted to announce the launch of the Grow Relationships and Opportunities at Work (GROW) mentorship program. Led by the Women’s Leadership Initiative, GROW provides leadership and career advancement opportunities to mid-level professionals of either gender. Through group discussion lead by an Industry Leader, professionals will have an opportunity to share information with industry peers and gain insight into what it takes to advance your career to the next level.
ULI LA is delighted to announce applications are now being accepted for our 5th year of Growth Relationships and Opportunities at Work (GROW) mentorship program for 2020. Led by the Women’s Leadership Initiative, GROW provides leadership and career advancement opportunities to mid-level professionals. Through group discussion lead by an Industry Leader, professionals will have an opportunity to share information with industry peers and gain insight into what it takes to advance your career to the next level. Similar to ULI’s Product Councils and YLG Partnership Forum, GROW will foster thought leadership through ULI’s culture of sharing best practices, lessons learned through mistakes and experience gained. Participants share information in a trustworthy setting, as all group discussions are confidential.
The purpose of the program is for mid-level ULI members to meet and network while exploring topics of interest related to real estate, development, and land use. Mentees will explore issues that their peers may be facing in their careers, such as: career enrichment, guidance on next steps, career advice, balancing professional and private life, engagement, exposure to various professionals in the real estate community, and networking.
Each group will consist of 10-15 ULI members of any gender who are mid-level in their careers and one female Industry Leader. These small groups will meet monthly to discuss topics related to the many facets of real estate, development, land use, and career and professional growth development.
Mentees who miss any meeting during this time may be removed from the program. The 2021 program session will start in February 2021 with a kick off event and end in November 2021. The Program is dark in December and January.
Additional Attributes the ULI LA GROW Program Provides
- A confidential, trusting environment for educational and idea exchanges
- Exploration of business and personal interests/issues
- Business and personal networking
- Leadership development and career advancement
- Development of people skills
- Professional and personal growth
Requirements for Eligibility
- Must hold active ULI membership
- Must sign confidentially agreement
- Must be available to attend every meeting
- Must be mid-level:
- Have worked in their field for at least eight (8) years
- Be a mid-level manager, or like position;
- Have a job position with relative independence and decision-making authority (i.e. not an entry level position), but not an executive.
- Candidates younger than 35 years old are only eligible to participate in this program if they had previously participated in the Partnership Forum and meet all other requirements
- One person may not apply for both Partnership Forum and GROW in the same year. The applicant must select one or the other.
As stated above, 100% attendance is required. In addition to the individual group sessions there will be a mandatory Kick-Off Ceremony in early February. Failure to attend the Kick-Off Ceremony will provide your moderator with the option to remove you from their group. Further details about the Kick-Off Ceremony will be provided to participants accepted into the GROW program.