The mission of the ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) is to raise the visibility and number of women leaders in ULI and the real estate industry.
Through volunteer-driven local and national programs, the WLI has a three-pronged approach to achieving its mission: developing the pipeline of women choosing real estate as an industry, supporting advancement and learning throughout their careers, and promoting women leaders through speaking, mentoring, and leadership opportunities across ULI’s many programs.
In addition to local District Council meetings, the WLI has various subcommittees that meet on a regular basis:
MISSION & MEMBERSHIP SUBCOMMITTEE – Developing the Pipeline
The GETTING AN “IN” FOR AN INTERNSHIP program, which provides an introduction to the real estate industry for undergraduate female students by connecting them with top companies in the LA area.
LEADERSHIP & MENTORSHIP SUBCOMMITTEE – Supporting the Advancement & Learning
The ULI Los Angeles GROW (Growth Relationships and Opportunities at Work) Program is an exclusive year-long mentorship initiative for mid-career professionals led by experts in the real estate industry. At meetings every 4-6 weeks, the group explores a different career development skill including goal setting, negotiating, and public speaking, through the context of projects, guest speakers, and site tours.
- Each group will consist of up to 15 ULI members who are mid-level in their careers and one industry leader, age 35+
- Small groups will meet every-other-month to discuss topics related to the many facets of real estate, development, land use, and career and professional growth development.
- The 2021 program sessions will start in February 2021 and end in December 2021.
- Mentee Applications are open from December 23, 2020 to February 1, 2021.
- Accepted mentees will be contacted in February 2021.
- Mentees who miss any meeting during this time may be removed from the program.
- CLICK HERE FOR FAQS
The BEST PRACTICES FOR GENDER EQUITY workshop series, which invites companies that are leading the way on gender equity to discuss key innovative practices they’ve implemented to support the career advancement of women. Attendees learn about Best Practices that they can take back to their own companies to help women’s careers develop, increase employee satisfaction, and improve corporate performance.
PROGRAMS SUBCOMMITTEE – Promoting Women Leaders
The SHAPING SPACES speaker series, which explores how LA’s powerhouse industries (entertainment, transportation, aerospace, tech, food, etc) are reshaping our city. The WLI invites industry leaders to lead the discussion about the transformative innovations that are shaping the world for a diverse public.
The ANNUAL CREFC/ULI SPEED NETWORKING event, which provides access to top industry leaders for women professionals.