Public agencies, private firms, and nonprofit organizations facing complex land use and real estate issues in the greater Los Angeles region can get expert and objective advice with the help of TAPs —Technical Assistance Panels — offered by the ULI Los Angeles District Council. A TAP can save immeasurable research, time and costs.
TAPs can provide a variety of services including, but not limited to:
- Evaluating specific development and land proposals or issues
- Assessing overall development strategy and business planning for public agencies
- Developing criteria for evaluating development proposals
- Evaluating growth issues including economics and management
- Analyzing reuse potentials of existing properties
- Identifying key economic and land use issues relating to public/private land use situations
TAPs are a one to two-day session in which a local government, non-profit organization, or private firm asks the Los Angeles District Council to provide access to expertise on a specific land use issue that they may not be able to obtain through any other means. The sponsoring organization develops three or four well-defined questions that it would like the panel to address and the scope of the assignment is such that the panel can adequately address the issues in the one-day session. The district council brings together a knowledgeable and diverse panel according to the unique needs of the organization. Prior to the panel convening, the sponsor prepares and distributes briefing materials to the panelists.
If you are a ULI member and would like to inquire about serving as an expert panelist, please email your biography to Cyrice Griffith.