ULI Los Angeles’ NEXT Initiative fosters the development of diverse mid-career professionals to become leaders in ULI, their communities, and the Real Estate industry.
Become a Part of NEXT
NEW FY24 ULI LA NEXT ENROLLMENT WILL BE SOON!
ULI Los Angeles is excited to launch the NEXT program. Similar to the YLG Partnership Forum, NEXT LA is a 12-month program where mid-career professionals are assigned to intimate groups (aka Pods) where they can lead, discuss, and share professional and personal topics that are pertinent to them. Each Pod will operate independently within the NEXT mission, meet 4-5 times during the year, have access to senior advisors, and the opportunity to host Pod and inter-Pod events throughout the program. The program allows members to develop professional relationships, assume leadership opportunities, share expertise, and expand their knowledge of the Los Angeles real estate market. (Note: this is a cooperative program, not a mentorship program. If you are also interested in a mentorship program, please refer to ULI-LA’s Growing Relationships and Opportunities at Work (GROW) program.)
NEXT LA Goals
- Ease the transition from Young Leader to Associate or Full Member (prior participation in YLG is not a prerequisite for the NEXT program)
- High-level sharing of best practices and challenges among leaders and peers
- Seed future collaboration that leads to better policies and projects
- Support each other in mid-career challenges, share best practices for effective leadership skills, and foster professional and personal growth
- Develop meaningful long-term relationships with peers from cross-sectors of the industry
- Provide a collegial and non-competitive atmosphere
- Have fun!