SOLD OUT – Case Study & Site Tour: The Village at Santa Monica and Tongva Park
Achieving smart growth at its best via public private partnership
The Village at Santa Monica and Tongva Park epitomize best practices in City Planning, Development, and Urban Design by balancing and incorporating public open space, affordable housing, market rate housing, and commercial/retail space. This exciting Case Study and Site Tour offers participants a sneak peek at these vital spaces while hearing from key players in their development from Related California (The Related Companies), the City of Santa Monica, and ValleyCrest Landscape Development.
Santa Monica is already known as one of the most livable areas in Los Angeles County, but the $350 million Village at Santa Monica and $47 million Tongva Park boost the notion of livable communities to another level.
Participants in the Case Study and Site Tour will learn about:
- How the two projects create a gateway to the city while reshaping pedestrian and bicycle thoroughfares.
- Unique linkages between housing and public open space, while mixing market rate and affordable housing, effectively completing the City’s grand vision for Civic Center area.
- Implementation of a complex development finance structure that serves as an excellent example of public private partnership.
This event, including a keynote address and tour of the facilities, is not to be missed. This event, including a keynote address and tour of the facilities, is not to be missed. Please join us for post-event cocktails and hor d’oeuvres at Pizza Antica, located at the Santa Monica Place mall.
- Bill Witte, President, Related California (Keynote Speaker)
- Karen Ginsberg, Director Community and Cultural Services Department City of Santa Monica
- Miriam Mulder, City Architect Public Works Department, Architectural Services Division City of Santa Monica
- Tom Donnelly, ASLA, President, ValleyCrest Landscape Development
- Gino Canori, Senior Vice President, Development, Related California
- Nicholas E. Price AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Vice President, Design, Related California
- Steven Oh, Project Manager, Related California
- Pooja Bhagat, AIA, LEED AP, Associate, moore ruble yudell architects & planners
- Julie Eizenberg, AIA Founding Principals, Koning Eizenberg
- Hank Koning, FAIA, LEED AP, Founding Principals, Koning Eizenberg
- Anne M. Guillebeaux, Senior Associate, Marketing and Business Development, Mia Lehrer + Associates
- Private $45 (Non-Member $60)
- Public/Nonprofit $35 (Non-Member $50)
- Young Leaders (Under 35): $35 (Non-Member $50)
- Students $25 (Non-Member $35)
Please note that prices increase $10 for onsite registrations. To register online, click “Register Now” below or click here to download a registration form.