Case Study and Site Tour: City Market South
In one of the boldest Downtown projects this cycle, the City Market team has just begun the approval process for a 10 acre, multi-phase Master Plan to redevelop the City Market. Phase one consists of retail, restaurant, office, event spaces and a central plaza. Phase two will consists of several buildings up to 38 stories tall, over 900 residences and over 500,000 square-feet of retail, entertainment and educational space.
At the opening of the Los Angeles Design Festival, our panel will discuss the proposed plan and the challenges of the permitting process, the development in the historical context of the Fashion District, and, most critically, what it takes to make a place without jeopardizing the vibrancy of the neighborhood.
The event includes a discussion of the history of the Fashion District and City Market, the design of the office, retail and event spaces of City Market South, its central plaza, and Rossoblu Restaurant. The panel will be followed by guided tours of the site. Light refreshments will be served
- Mark Levy, President, City Market South, Co-Founder, LENA Group
- Kevin Napoli, Co-Founder, LENA Group
- Marwan Al-Sayed, Principal, Marwan Al-Sayed Inc.
- Rena Masten Leddy, Chief Executive, Fashion District Business Improvement District
- Hal Bastian, President, Hal Bastian Inc., Moderator
- Private $75 (Non-member $100)
- Gov/Nonprofit $50 (Non-member $70)
- Young Leader (under 35) $50 (Non-member $70)
- Student $45 (Non-member $60)
To register, click “register now” below or click here to download a registration form. Please note that registration prices increase $10 after June 6th, 2017.
Parking is available at Athena parking 633 East 11th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015 for a flat rate of $5.