The ULI/LA YLG Partnership Forum provides an ongoing opportunity to share and discuss with a group of peers the issues that real estate professionals and related industry professionals face each day.Sharing many of the same characteristics as a ULI Product Council, this group mentoring program is resonant with ULI’s culture of sharing experiences gained, mistakes made and lessons learned. Please know that to get the most out of your experience confidentiality is crucial.
Partnership Forum is a mentorship program with each group consisting of 8-10 ULI members under the age of 35. Members are from diverse professional backgrounds and we ensure those group members are either not in the same company with each other or have direct competitors in their group. The mentor is a senior level executive in the real estate industry who is involved in ULI, either through a ULI Product Council or through the Los Angeles District Council. The group is required to meet at least every 6 weeks with 100% attendance at each meeting for a period of one year. The 2017 program session will start in January 2017 and officially end in December 2017.
Additional attributes the ULI/LA YLG Partnership Forum provides:
• A confidential, trusting environment for educational and idea exchanges.
• Exploration of business and personal interests/issues
• Business and personal networking
• Development of people skills
• Professional and personal growth
• Leadership opportunity for selected group leaders
In addition to the individual group sessions there will be a mandatory Kick-Off Ceremony in January, 2017. Further details about the Kick-Off Ceremony will be provided only to YLG members accepted into a Partnership Forum group. Applicants will be selected and notified prior to the kick-off meeting.
As stated above, 100% attendance is required. Mentees who miss more than 1 meeting during this time may be removed from the program. Repeated absence in Partnership Forum will impact participation for the current year, and limits future participation. Failure to attend the Kick-Off Ceremony will provide your moderator with the option to remove you from their group.
- Download and complete the Partnership Forum 2017 Application.
- Submit all completed applications, including resume, to April Sandifer, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Friday, December 30, 2016.
- After submitting your completed application, register for your meeting location preference below. Applicants may only select one location preference.
- All selected applicants will be notified in January 2017.