2Corridors. Re-envision today’s development. Explore tomorrow’s mobility.
Join Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti at Transit Oriented Los Angeles.
ULI LA’s Transit Oriented Los Angeles (ToLA) will expand the planning agenda from individual transit stations to a transformation of corridors to achieve a truly transit oriented Los Angeles. At ToLA, ULI-LA will present the results of two groundbreaking studies.
The Corridor Project, funded by a ULI Foundation Urban Innovation Grant, will:
- Expand the planning agenda from individual transit stations to corridors that strengthen and connect communities.
- Shift the public dialog from single developments to broader urban design issues.
- Focus on linking stations, improving access to transportation, and creating walkable and aesthetically pleasing streetscapes, so that individuals and communities can enjoy greater benefits from transit systems.
The Building Reuse Partnership, with the National Trust for Historic Preservation, will:
- Provide a plan to increase adaptive reuse in the City of Los Angeles.
- Demonstrate how to spur economic recovery, create jobs, reduce carbon emissions and foster sustainable development.
- Focus on development opportunities for older vacant buildings along corridors.
- Gail Goldberg, Executive Director, ULI Los Angeles
- David Waite, ULI Los Angeles Chair, Cox Castle
- Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, Metro Board Member, Los Angeles County District 2
Panel #1 – Building Reuse
- Jonathan Curtis, Partner, California Golden Fund
- Mark Huppert, Senior Director, Preservation Green Lab, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- James Lindberg, Planning Director, Preservation Green Lab, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Linda Dishman, Executive Director, Los Angeles Conservancy
- Kevin Bender, Executive Vice President, CBRE
- Thomas Wulf, Senior Vice President and Shareholder, Lowe Enterprises
Panel #2 – Corridors
- Melani V. Smith, President, Meléndrez
- William Kohn Fleissig, President, Communitas Development Inc
- Bill Roschen, Architect and Former Chair of the City Planning Commission and Former Co-chair of the City of Los Angeles’ Transit Corridor Cabinet
- Neal I. Payton, Principal, Torti Gallas and Partners, Inc.
- Renata Simril, Senior Vice President, External Affairs, Los Angeles Dodgers
- John Given, Principal, CityBuildAdvisors
- Eric Garcetti, Mayor of Los Angeles
Increase your company’s visibility and branding and become a sponsor. For detailed information regarding sponsorship levels contact Jim Auld for additional information.