YLG Supper Series: UCLA Heath Los Angeles Lakers Training Center – SOLD OUT!
In an intimate / casual / open dialogue setting, real estate leaders provide a small group of ULI Los Angeles YLG members with their vision and perspective pertaining to various relevant real estate related topics. Carl Meyer, Principal at Perkins + Will and Joseph Pica, Founder and Principal of Pica + Sullivan Architects, Ltd will provide crucial insight into the concept, building design, and project management of the newly constructed 121,900 sf two-story hospitality-oriented practice facility for the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Carl Meyer, FAIA, LEED AP: Principal, Perkins + Will
- As a Principal at Perkins+Will, Carl is responsible for the leadership and direction of major urban mixed-use projects; commercial, community, corporate and institutional facilities. Over the course of his career he has also led significant university projects. Carl thinks like a client and helps a client think like an architect to produce an environment in which projects of the highest quality can be developed. Prior to joining Perkins+Will, Carl was Principal and Managing Director at Rossetti where he led major project efforts for the University of California, Irvine and Cal State, San Luis Obispo as well as the design of several office, retail and entertainment projects. He is a former partner of Altoon + Porter Architects where he led major commercial mixed-use projects in the U.S., Western Europe and Russia.
- Carl has been an Associate Adjunct Professor at USC’s School of Policy, Planning and Development (now the School of Public Policy) for many years, teaching planning and design in the Masters of Real Estate Development program.
- Joseph Pica: Founder and Principal, Pica + Sullivan Architects
- Joseph Pica is a founder and principal of Pica + Sullvian Architects, Ltd. The firm specializes in master planning and architectural design for non-profit independent and religious-based schools, religious organizations, social service groups and charitable foundations. Since its inception in 1990 the firm has been involved in over 500 projects of varying scope ranging in size from campus master plans, to new campuses, to new and remodeled structures. The activities of the firm include master planning and entitlement process, all phases of architectural design, construction documentation, and contractor bidding/negotiation and construction administration and project close-out. Pica + Sullivan also provide Project Management services. Aside from the extensive work in the non-profit sector, commercial clients of the firm include the Los Angeles Lakers, the Los Angeles Kings Hockey Club, AEG and JCDecaux.
- Joe is responsible for all master planning and architectural design for the Pica + Sullivan firm. Joe has designed buildings for every program requirement in the Pre-K/12 arena – from humanities classrooms to gymnasiums to performing arts facilities to specialty labs to libraries to dormitories to athletic complexes. Joe also writes extensively on the subject of education architecture and master planning, with articles published in many national education magazines and journals.
- YLG Members: $25
- YLG Student Member: $20
This event is limited to 15 ULI YLG members. Dinner will be served and included for guests.
Onsite parking is available.