SOLD OUT – StimULI Breakfast: Changing Demographics of Southern California and Their Impact on Housing
You’re invited to a conversation with two eminent scholars and authorities on demographics and housing: Wendell Cox and Professor Dowell Myers. They will share their insights on low- and middle-income housing affordability, domestic migration and population trends – particularly of the Millennials. Will the post-recession rapid rise in rental demand continue or will it give way to increased demand for home ownership? Is rapid gentrification a “new normal” or is it a passing phase? How do immigration trends and the growth in Latino population impact on housing demand? Will Millennials revert to old housing consumption [near-suburban] patterns and what are the retirement paths for the Baby Boomers?
These and other topics will be covered in an interactive setting. The panelists perspectives will be particularly useful for housing practitioners, services providers and policy makers uncertain about the direction of the LA regional housing markets in the foreseeable future.
- Wendell Cox, Principal of Demographia, a St. Louis-based international public policy consulting firm.
- Dowell Myers, Professor in the Sol Price School of Public Policy at the USC.
- Ehud Mouchly (moderator), Principal of READI, LLC, and Chair of the ULI-LA Housing Council.
- Private $45 (Non-member $60)
- Gov/Nonprofit $35 (Non-member $50)
- Young Leader (under 35) $35 (Non-member $50)
- Student $25 (Non-member $35)
Please note that registration prices increase $10 after May 15th. To register, click “Register Now” below or here to download a registration form. Continental breakfast will be provided.
Parking: Please note parking is not included; we suggest parking at the Century City Shopping Center. It is $1.00 per hour for the first 3 hours and then $1.00 every 15 minutes for hours 3 to 5.