StimULI Breakfast: Preserving Workforce and Affordable Housing
Preserving Workforce and Affordable Housing: New Financing Models Blending Profit and Purpose
Los Angeles’ housing affordability crisis is imposing a punishing toll on families and threatening the city and region’s competitiveness. While much attention rightly focuses on developing new units, preserving the affordability of the existing stock is equally as important. This means the often overlooked Class C and Class B “naturally affordable” stock as well as the subsidized apartment inventory, both of which are under pressure in a hyper-competitive market environment.
A new report from the ULI Terwilliger Center for Housing highlights the emergence of debt and equity funds that are bringing new sources and structures of capital to bear to meet this pressing need, while generating significant financial returns for investors. Report author Stockton Williams will present the report’s findings and initiate a discussion about what they suggest for the Los Angeles area – where both the urgency to act and leading examples of innovative responses both exist.
This special program is a “joint venture” between the ULI LA Housing Council and the ULI-LA Program Committee.
- Charmaine Atherton, Senior Vice President, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Chair of the ULI LA District Council, Moderator
- Stockton Williams, Executive Director, the ULI Terwilliger Center for Housing, Urban Land Institute (ULI), Speaker
- Rebecca Clark, President & CEO, LINC Housing Corporation, Respondent
- Private $45 (Non-member $60)
- Gov/Nonprofit $35 (Non-member $50)
- Young Leader (under 35) $35 (Non-member $50)
- Student $25 (Non-member $35)
Continental breakfast will be provided. Please note that registration prices increase $10 after March 11th.
Register now below, or download a registration form.
Please note parking is not included. Parking in the building costs $28. Other parking options within a short walk include:
- The Los Angeles Public Library garage at 524 S. Flower St. between 5th and 6th Streets costs $12.50 or $1 if you have a library card
- A parking lot at the NWC of W. 6th & Boylston St., across the Harbor/110 Freeway ($5.50)
- A parking lot on Figueroa between 7th and 8th Sts. ($10.00)
- Other parking lots within three-four blocks can be located by using the “Best Parking” website (http://losangeles.bestparking.com)