StimULI Breakfast: Development in the Historic Environment
Even ten years ago, preservation considerations for developers were mostly limited to Downtown Los Angeles. But a slew of new Historical Preservation Overlay Zones has increased the number of parcels in that program to 21,000, while another 30,000 parcels have been identified under SurveyLA, a major initiative to inventory historic assets that had been previously ignored.
With nearly 6% of the City under various preservation programs, including high density, infrastructure-heavy neighborhoods like Miracle Mile and DTLA, approaches to new-build are increasingly influenced by their proximity to historic structures.
Our panel will discuss the enormous growth in preservation, its relationship to other policy and planning priorities, and successful approaches to designing and developing in a historic context.
- Ken Bernstein, Manager, Office of Historic Resources, and Principal City Planner, Los Angeles City Planning Department
- Ben Reznik, Esq., Partner and Chairman of the Government, Land Use, Environment and Energy Department, Jeffer Mangels Butler Mitchell LLP
- Peyton Hall, Managing Principal, Historic Resources Group
- Julie Eizenberg, FAIA, Founding Principal, Koning Eizenberg Architecture
- Christopher C. Rising, Founder and President, Rising Realty Partners
- Private $45 (Non-member $60)
- Gov/Nonprofit $35 (Non-member $50)
- Young Leader (under 35) $35 (Non-member $50)
- Student $25 (Non-member $35)
Continental breakfast will be provided. Please note that registration prices increase $10 after September 18th and that is the last day to request a refund. We look forward to you joining us for a stimulating discussion with these distinguished leaders. To register, click register now below or call 1-800-321-5011.
The pedestrian entrance to the building is off 7th street, parking entrances are on Flower and 8th Street. If you park in the building, parking is $12. From the parking garage, you must take the elevator to the bottom floor (P) and take the elevator on the far side of the plaza to the office building entrance. For additional parking options, visit the Best Parking website.