StimULI Breakfast: Can L.A.’s Streets Be Great?« Back to Events
- February 19, 2014 7:30 am
- February 19, 2014 9:00 am
500 South Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA, 90071, United States
Urban activism, mobility and socially engaging places
ULI Los Angeles presents “Can L.A.’s Streets Be Great?” a StimULI Breakfast. In October 2013, Mayor Eric Garcetti unveiled his Great Streets initiative to transform main thoroughfares into vibrant, pedestrian-friendly zones. This can happen immediately in small but impactful ways: with smart streetscaping, room for bikes, improved transit access and a new attitude toward a car-centric culture.
Join top officials, experts and advocates in a conversation about how great streets are also great for business and for all people. We’ll explore enlightened trends in the public realm, from cities around the world and right here in L.A.
- Hon. Jose Huizar, Los Angeles City Council, 14th District
- Rick Cole, Deputy Mayor, Budget & Innovation, City of Los Angeles
- Doane Liu, Deputy Mayor, City Services, City of Los Angeles
- Laura Nelson, Los Angeles Times transportation reporter
- Brigham Yen, Publisher and Editor of DTLA Rising
- Jack Skelley, JSPR (moderator)
- Private $45 (Non-member $60)
- Gov/Nonprofit $35 (Non-member $50)
- Young Leader (under 35) $35 (Non-member $50)
- Student $25 (Non-member $35)
Please note that registration prices increase $10 after February 17. To register, click “Register Now” below or here to download a registration form
Parking is available for $12.50 across the street at the Los Angeles Central Library 524 South Flower Street Garage. For additional parking options, visit http://losangeles.bestparking.com/.