Case Study & Site Tour: Runway at Playa Vista
Runway at Playa Vista: The Mixed Use Core at the Heart of Playa Vista
End: 6:30 p.m. Cocktails @ The Resort
One of the largest construction projects in the entire Southland is transforming Playa Vista into a complete mixed use community. 2,800 residential units – yes, 2,800 — are currently under construction in the balance of the Playa Vista site, and Runway at Playa Vista is the core of this emerging urban village.
Lincoln Property Company, Paragon Commercial Group, and Phoenix Property Company are leading the development of this urban living room for the creative class. Runway at Playa Vista will provide 220,000 s.f. of retail space on an 11 acre site in the heart of the Playa Vista office and residential communities, along with 420 residential units specifically within Runway. In addition, Runway will also have 30,000 s.f. of office space for those start-ups and employers who want to be right at the very center of things, just a flight up. With all of these uses, Runway will be the premiere live-work-play space in the heart of this submarket of Silicon Beach.
Runway’s architecture will be as open as the area office spaces where innovation is unfolding, creating an urban park space where indoor and outdoor, structure and landscape, flow seamlessly together. It will be a place not just to take care of errands, but also a place to pass the time, with multiple outdoor gathering spaces. And for retail businesses, Runway will truly be a retail site for all. Whole Foods Market will be available to locals and workers looking for something to take home; a variety of restaurants will cater to all comers. Cinemark’s movie theatres will serve the region.
ULI is fortunate to have the principals responsible for this vision and its transformation into a $260 million reality. This case study and site tour will give ULI participants individual access to the people directly responsible for Runway at Playa Vista.
- Alison Banks, Director of Marketing, Brookfield Residential
- David Binswanger, Executive Vice President, Lincoln Property Company
- Scott Johnson, Partner, Johnson Fain
- Chris Daniell, Retail Division Manager, Lincoln Property Company
- Kevin Newman, Partner, Newman/Garrison + Partners
We’ll be gathering at The Resort, one of the innovative public spaces at Playa Vista, where project team members will lead small group tours past master community developer Brookfield Residential’s exciting new amenities for Playa Vista and to the Runway construction site. After the tours, we’ll re-gather at The Resort to hear our panelists speak both about the vision for, and the construction of, this massive investment. After the presentation, we invite attendees to stay for cocktails and light hors d’oeuvres by the fireplace, courtesy of our generous sponsors.
- Private $65 (Non-member $90)
- Gov/Nonprofit $50 (Non-member $70)
- Young Leader (under 35) $50 (Non-member $70)
- Student $45 (Non-member $60)
Please note that registration prices increase $10 after November 18. To register, click “Register Now” below or here to download a registration form.
How to Get to the Case Study: Although Runway and Playa Vista are themselves a self-contained community where people can live, work and play, Metro Rail does not serve the Playa Vista area. Several bus lines access the area. Go to http://socaltransport.org/tm_pub_start.php to plan your transit trip.
Playa Vista is mainly on the south side of Jefferson Boulevard, just west of the 90 and just east of Lincoln (and sitting below the Loyola Marymount Campus).
Driving/Parking Instructions: Click here to view the driving/parking map.
- From the 405 head West on Jefferson Blvd.
- Turn left on Concert Park Dr.
- Turn Left on Runway Rd.
- For parking- turn right on Dawn Creek and then left on Bluff Creek.
- Walking from your car- come back out to Dawn Creek and head toward Runway Rd. Turn right on Runway and you will walk straight into The Resort.
- Come around the right side of the building to the main entrance.
- There is no event parking inside the construction area or right around The Resort.